STANDARD COMPETITION TERMS
The following terms apply to all the competitions advertised on the Competition Fox website:
- Qualifying Persons
- Competition Fox Limited trading as competitionfox.com (the Promoter) operates prize-draw competitions (Competitions) resulting in the allocation of prizes in accordance with these terms and conditions on the website www.competitionfox.com
- The Competitions are open to all persons aged 18 and over and who are resident in the United Kingdom except competitionfox.com employees.
- Any tickets obtained using unorthodox methods which have not been approved by Competition Fox or its directors, which include but are not limited to abuse of the system (website, lottery, payment, and banking), cancelling orders once completed, refunding once completed will result in forfeiting any obtained tickets at any point from the account or other accounts associated to that user and the user will be suspended and/or banned from the site and legal action may be taken.Competitionfox.com will not accept competition entries that are:
a) automatically generated by computer;
b) completed by third parties or in bulk;
c) illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
d) late; or
- Any user who requests a refund from us through their bank resulting in a chargeback against Competition Fox Limited will be charged any fees which we incur through our payment provider, bank, and/or legal undertaking and will face legal proceedings and/or prosecution.
- Competitionfox.com reserves the right to close a customer’s account at any time if they feel the customer is abusing the services, being abusive to other customers or staff or they have the belief that it is not genuinely the customer that is entering.
- Competitionfox.com reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the applicable Competition.
2. Legal Undertaking
- By entering a Competition the entrant (‘Entrant’, ‘you’, ‘your(s)’) will be deemed to meet the eligibility criteria, have the legal capacity to do so, you will have read and understood these terms and conditions and you agree to be bound by them and by any other requirements set out in any related promotional material.
- You accept full responsibility for any entry to a competition outside of the Qualifying Person eligibility requirements and shall ensure that you do not contravene any laws applicable outside of the UK. We do not accept any responsibility for any illegal competition entries.
- In the event that you participate in a Competition online via the Website, and by accepting these terms and conditions you confirm that you are not breaching any laws and are resident in the United Kingdom. competitionfox.com will not be held responsible for any Entrant entering any of our Competitions unlawfully. If in any doubt you should immediately leave the Website and check with the relevant authorities.
- Random ID checks will be carried out as and when we see fit. Winners will be required to send a copy of their passport, driving license or photographic ID to the Promoter to confirm their identity, age and also to prove that if the purchase was made by credit card that the card was legally theirs or that they had authorisation to use it, before any prize will be paid or delivered. Any failure to meet these obligations may result in the Winner being disqualified and the Promoter choosing an alternate winner.
3. Competition Entry
- To enter the competition, you may either:
(a) enter the competition by creating an online account, paying the advertised entry fee and submitting the entry via the applicable competition page by the closing date; or(b) use our free entry route by following the steps set out in Section 12 below.
- Competitionfox.com, may run multiple competitions and may be operated at the same time, and each Competition will have a specific prize.
- Availability and pricing of Competitions is at the discretion of competitionfox.com and both paid and postal entry methods will be specified on each competition page on the Website.
- In order to enter a competition, you will need to register an account with us online. When registering an account online you will be asked to provide an email address or sign in via a social media account, such as Facebook, Twitter or Gmail (‘Social Media Account’)
- When playing a competition online via the website, follow the on-screen instructions to: (a) select the competition you wish to enter and when you are ready to purchase your Ticket(s), provide your contact and payment details. You will need to check your details carefully and tick the declaration, confirming you have read and understood the competition terms and conditions; (b) once you have purchased your tickets, play the challenge when your payment has cleared we will then contact you by email to confirm your entry into the competition.
- competitionfox.com reserves the right to refuse or disqualify any incomplete entries if it has reasonable grounds for believing that an entrant has contravened any of these terms and conditions.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, all entries become our property and will not be returned.
- The Entrant can enter the competitions a maximum number of times as displayed on the individual prize page. The limit is per person. Maximum tickets purchased per person shown on each individual prize page. Maximum ticket numbers vary per competition based on the number of tickets available/price of tickets.
- The competition closes when the last number is taken, no more entries after this point will be accepted. We will draw the prize regardless of how many tickets are sold on the guaranteed draw date.
- All competition entries received after the closing date or after the last ticket has been sold will be automatically disqualified.
- All entrants must create an account prior to entering, and supply an email address and contact telephone number to proceed in the competition.
4. Promotion Periods
- Each competition will run for a specified period. Please see each competition for details of start and end times (‘Promotion Period(s)’).
- Once a prize draw date has been called and confirmed on the prize listing page, we will draw the prize on that date regardless of ticket sales. Once a guaranteed draw date is set, we will not extend a competition.
5. Competition Judgement
- Competitionfox.com, 100% random ball spinning machine will determine the winner of each competition. Draws can be live-streamed on Facebook or the auto or instant win draws are drawn automatically.
- In the event of the ball machine not being available, the online Google Random Number Generator will be used. This will be demonstrated live-streamed on Facebook before entering the required numbers for that specific competition, i.e. 1 to 99, 1 to 250, 1 to 1000 etc.
- Due to the nature of the winning judgement there will only be one 1st prize winner per competition (unless stated otherwise). Some competitions may have runners up prizes.
- Competitionfox.com will attempt to contact the winner(s) using the telephone numbers and email address provided at the time of entry (or as subsequently updated) and held securely in our database. It is the entrant’s sole responsibility to check and update these details. If for any reason they are taken down incorrectly, Competitionfox.com will not be held responsible. Entrants must carefully check their contact details have been recorded correctly.
- Once a winner is drawn we will make every effort to contact them.
- If the competition is a Trick or Treat you are required to answer the phone to be in with a chance of playing the trick or treat game. If you fail to answer the phone after two attempts of us calling you then we move onto the next number selected.
- All Entrants are automatically entered into the Competitionfox.com database for the purpose of conveying information as to the status of their competition, and/or any future promotions or competitions offered by competitionfox.com.
- All prizes will be drawn regardless of ticket sales on the guaranteed draw date as set/shown on the website. Cash alternatives are not offered in place of prizes. Draws are not extended past the guaranteed draw date.
- Our decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
6. Winner’s Details
- Competitionfox.com must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation competitionfox.com will publish the surname and county of major prize winners, and if applicable, their winning entries on the website within 24 hours of the closing date of the applicable Competition.
- All winners will also be requested to provide photographs and/or pose for photographs and videos, which may be used in future marketing and public relations by competitionfox.com in connection with the competition and in identifying them as a winner of a competition.
- Following receipt and verification of the details requested above by competitionfox.com, the winners will be contacted in order to make arrangements for the delivery of the prize.
- If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter using the details set out in Section 13 below. In such circumstances, Competitionfox.com must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
7. Competition Prizes
- Competitionfox.com prizes are determined, selected by the managing directors of the company and are owned by Competitionfox.com from the date of the competition going live on the website to the date that the winner receives the prize. All prizes are picked and purchased by competitionfox.com and in that case, this is the prize the winner will receive. Details of each prize can be found on the website on the competitions pages. Competitionfox.com takes no responsibility for the prize awarded after delivery, once the winner receives the prize competitionfox.com does not ensure the prize. No insurance or warranty comes with the prizes and competitionfox.com cannot be held responsible for the prize once handed over to the winner.
- Delivery to the winner is free. Competitionfox.com has a right to charge the winner delivery fees if they want the prize delivered anywhere other than the specified areas. A charge may also be made if one delivery attempt was made and no one was there to receive the item.
- Please allow 14 days for delivery of the prize.Delivery will either by in-person or via a courier or delivery service (as determined by Competitionfox.com).
- All entrant expenses are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- All prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of the prize provider, manufacturer or supplier.
- Each prize must be accepted as awarded and is non-transferable or convertible to other substitutes and cannot be used in conjunction with any other vouchers, offers or discounts, including without limitation any vouchers or offers of competitionfox.com or other prize suppliers.
- The prize is non-transferable and non-negotiable.
- The warranty of any prize is non transferrable.
- If the prize is a holiday:
- All details of the holiday will be stated on the competition page, including the maximum number of people, the amount of nights, airport departure location (if non-transferrable). The prize does not include travel insurance, the cost of transfers to and from airports or stations, food and drink, spending money, tax or personal expenses unless stated otherwise on the details of the competition page. Any other costs incurred in addition to those set out above and that are incidental to the fulfilment of the prize are the responsibility of the winner(s).
- You will be responsible for ensuring that you and any person traveling with you are available to travel and hold valid passports, any necessary visas and travel documents for the holiday in question on the travel dates specified. Dates once notified to the travel agent cannot be changed.
- If the prize is a vehicle:
- The promoter will, unless otherwise stated, ensure it comes with a valid MOT (if required).
- The promoter will transfer ownership of the car to the winner using the V5C form. This must be completed with the winner before the vehicle is handed over.
- No warranty is included with the vehicle. The promoter has no responsibility for the prize once it has been delivered and handed over. The Winner is solely responsible for arranging appropriate insurance and for complying with all relevant laws and regulations relating to the vehicle, its operation and ensuring they operate it in a safe and responsible manner;
- The value of the vehicle (if advertised) will represent what the vehicle was purchased at and not a suggested value of the vehicle if it is to be sold on.
- Any cash alternative offered instead of the vehicle does not have to be representative of the prize.
- No vehicle/road tax is included.
- It is the winners responsibility to ensure they have the necessary licenses, qualification, knowledge and experience to operate the vehicle safely and legally.
- It is the winners responsibility to ensure they have all necessary safety equipment and clothing (for example, helmets, boots and gloves) and for wearing them whilst operating the vehicle.
- If the prize is a house, flat or other property:
- All Entrants are responsible for making their own enquiries regarding the property and carrying out their own due diligence relating to the prize, their eligibility to enter the competition, their rights and eligibility to take ownership of the Prize and their eligibility to enter or live in the country where the prize is located etc. All costs, fees or expenses incurred by the Entrant in making such enquiries or carrying out such due diligence shall be the Entrant’s sole responsibility.
- The winner of the prize will be required to enter into a legally binding contract with either the promoter or supplier in order to transfer the legal title of the prize to the winner. The terms of the contract are non-negotiable. If the winner refuses to sign or is unable to enter into any of the legal documents required to transfer ownership of the Prize to the winner within a reasonable time, the winner will be disqualified from the competition and the Prize will be forfeited. The Promoter will then be entitled to offer the prize to the next eligible Entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the closing date of that competition.
- Due to the nature of the Prize, the date of transfer of ownership cannot be guaranteed but the Promoter will take all reasonable steps to complete the transfer of ownership as soon as reasonably possible.
8. Winners’ Personal Data
- Acceptance of the prize by the winner will mean they are requested to have their photo and video taken by competitionfox.com for promotional purposes (Public Relations and Marketing), both immediately after their win and in the future for use in accordance with rule 6.2, unless prohibited by law.
- By entering a competition, you agree to the use of your name and/or photograph or other likenesses to be used for marketing purposes as required by competitionfox.com if you are declared a winner.
9. Limits of Liability
- Insofar as is permitted by law, Competitionfox.com makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability of any of the goods or services offered as prizes.
- Except for liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Competitionfox.com, Competitionfox.com shall not be liable for any loss suffered or sustained to person or property including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission by Competitionfox.com, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying the winner(s), or in connection with any of the competitions promoted by Competitionfox.com.
- Your statutory rights are not affected.
10. Electronic Communications
- No responsibility will be accepted for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, for the acts or omissions of any service provider, internet accessibility or availability or for traffic congestion or unauthorised human act, including any errors or mistakes.
- Competitionfox.com shall use its best endeavours to award the prize for a competition to the correct entrant. If due to reasons of hardware, software or another computer-related failure, or due to human error the prize is awarded incorrectly, Competitionfox.com reserves the right to reclaim the competition prize and award it to the correct entrant, at its sole discretion and without admission of liability.
- In the event that a competition is closed without selecting a winner, competitionfox.com will give all entrants Site Credit to enable them to replay equivalent tickets in a subsequent competition.
- Competitionfox.com shall not be liable for any economic or other consequential loss suffered or sustained to any persons to whom an award has been incorrectly made, and no compensation shall be due.
- Competitionfox.com shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the software and website(s) used to operate its competitions perform correctly and accurately across the latest versions of popular internet, tablet and mobile browsers. For the avoidance of doubt, only the ticket recorded in our systems, however, displayed or calculated, shall be entered into the relevant competition and competitionfox.com shall not be held liable for any competition entries that occur as a result of malfunctioning software or other event.
11. Data Protection Notice
- Any personal data that you supply to competitionfox.com or authorise competitionfox.com to obtain from a third party, for example, a credit card company, will be used by competitionfox.com to administer the competition and fulfil prizes where applicable.
- In order to process, record and use your personal data Competitionfox.com may disclose it to (i) any credit card company whose name you give; (ii) any person to whom Competitionfox.com proposes to transfer any of Competitionfox.com rights and/or responsibilities under any agreement Competitionfox.com may have with you; (iii) any person to whom Competitionfox.com proposes to transfer its business or any part of it; (iv) comply with any legal or regulatory requirement of competitionfox.com in any country; and (v) prevent, detect or prosecute fraud and other crime.
- In order to process, use, record and disclose your personal data Competitionfox.com may need to transfer such information outside the United Kingdom, in which event Competitionfox.com is responsible for ensuring that your personal data continues to be adequately protected during the course of such transfer.
- Any personal data submitted to Competitionfox.com. can/may be used for marketing purposes.
- If the applicable competition is offering a prize in partnership with a third party, then you agree to consent to your email address being shared with the third party. If you wish to unsubscribe from the third party’s email list then you may do so at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe button at the bottom of their email.
12. Postal Entries
- To enter the competition by post, send an unenclosed post card with: Full name, full address, DOB, contact phone number, email address, full name of prize, and correct answer for that competition, if an answer is required. Post by 1st or 2nd post class to: Competition Fox, PO Box 595, Torquay, TQ1 9LH, United Kingdom. All postcards must be clearly written.
- If your entry was received in time you will be assigned a random number from the available numbers either using the lucky dip feature on the website or the Random Number Generator. Your order will then show in your account under your orders. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your postal entry and to let you know that you have been entered into the competition. Postal entries are limited to one competition entrant per postcard – do not send multiple postcards in one envelope – they will not be counted.
- Postal entries are also limited to the maximum tickets per user as specified on each competition page.
- Send an unenclosed post card with information on the back. Competitionfox.com will process all postal entries Monday-Friday at 11 am.
- Entries received after the processing period will not be counted that day and will be processed the following working day.
- Sending a postal entry does not guarantee entry to a draw.
- Postal entries will not be counted if a prize sells out before the processing time that day.
- Failure to pay the required postage will result in the entry not being processed. It is advised that you give your entry plenty of time to arrive, we cannot be held responsible for postal delivery times.
- The postal entries will be treated in the same manner as the online entries, in addition, each correct received postcard will result in the player receiving site credit for the amount of that competition and can only be used in conjunction with the competition the postal entries applies to.
- If we deem one person is attempting to enter using multiple names and addresses all associated entries will be voided. Standard competition terms and conditions apply for postal entries.
- You must include the name of the prize exactly as displayed on the website.
- Any ineligible entries will not be included as entrants to the competition.
- You must be registered as a customer on our website before sending your postal entry. Failure to match a registered account with your postal entry will result in the disposal of your entry.
- You can register for an account here: https://www.competitionfox.com/my-account/. There is no charge for creating an account or for use of the website.
- All postal entries are treated in the same way as entries using the paid route, and you will have an equal chance of winning the competition as those that enter via our website.
Competition Fox Ltd – trading as competitionfox.com
Registered in England & Wales under Companies Act 1985.
Company No: 13091634
Competition Fox Limited
7-12 Tavistock Square,
14. Refunds/Return Policy
- All Entries to the competition are final and no refunds shall be made at any time or for any reason, except in the case of entries submitted after the closing date or if the promoter cancels the competition.
- In the event a customer wishes to swap tickets for a different prize and there are tickets available at the time of the request we will allow the swap to take place, additional monies may be requested to cover the difference. If the new prize has a lower ticket value we will refund the difference as Site Credit back into the entrants’ account.
- Each entrant agrees that the usual requirement under the The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 for any goods and services ordered online to be supplied within 30 days will not apply to this prize competition.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms and conditions, Competitionfox.com may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself of the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond Competitionfox.com’s reasonable control and accordingly Competitionfox.com may at its absolute discretion vary, suspend, cancel or amend the competition and any entrant agrees that Competitionfox.com shall have no liability as a result.
- These Terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.