How to Enter Competitions Online
You’ll likely want to start immediately if you’re new to online UK competitions. However, you may not know how to enter online competitions. This article will guide you through the process of entering competition sites, how to start playing and how to be in with a chance of winning.
There are a few things you need to consider when entering competitions, especially since the boom of competition businesses setting up during the pandemic. It can be all to easy to fall for a competition site with incredible odds but make sure you are playing with a reputable business with a good track record and you ca’t go far wrong.
Entering competitions online may initially sound simple, but there are several questions to consider. For example:
- How do I pick an online competition provider?
- How do I choose a competition to enter?
- How many tickets should I buy?
- How do I pay for entries?
- What do I do after paying for entries?
- What do I do if I win?
- What do I do if I don’t win?
Continue reading to find the answers to these questions.
7 Steps to Enter Online Competitions
Although you may think entering an online competition is as easy as clicking on a link, paying some money and waiting to see if you win, there’s so much more to it.
When you think about the key considerations for entering competitions, it can get complicated, so we have a simple and comprehensive seven-step list of how to enter competitions online.
1) Pick an Online Competition Provider
Before entering a competition, choose a competition provider; this is easier said than done, as there are multiple considerations before making your decision, including:
- Are they a legitimate competition provider? Research the company to ensure they operate legally; you may run into a scam if not.
- What prizes do they offer? Some competition providers like us will offer a range of prizes, including cash, cars, tech and more. However, some are more limited, specialising only in holiday packages, for example.
- How complex are the competitions? You just need to pay for entries to enter one of our competitions. However, other sites may have different requirements, like answering questions or taking photos.
- How many live competitions do they have? We have multiple live competitions up right now for you to enter!
2) Find a Competition You Would Like to Enter
You can pick the competition once you choose an online competition site.
When looking at competition listings, you need to consider the following:
- Value – look up how much prizes are worth online to determine their total value. The most sought-after prizes will often be the ones with the highest value, like a car or holiday package.
- Relevancy – if the prize is a car (for example), you should check that it’s the most up-to-date model. If it’s an older product, it’s less relevant and not worth paying for entries over more relevant prizes.
- Interest – the prize must be something you want to own. You may not be able to afford to enter into every competition on a site, so make the ones you want to win your priority.
3) Select the Ticket Number that you Want to Buy
When you decide on a competition, you must determine how many tickets you want.
If the prize if something you want, your first instinct may be to buy the maximum number of tickets (there is always a limit). However, there are other things you must consider.
For example, if you intend to enter competitions regularly, you may want to avoid maxing out ticket entries for every competition due to the expense.
Instead, list all the live or upcoming competitions you want tickets for, and order them from least to most desired. Once you do this, you can allocate tickets accordingly.
On our site, you can select tickets from a numbered grid or choose the lucky dip option, which randomises your picks.
4) Pay for your Ticket Entries
Once you know how many tickets you want, pay for your entries.
You should note when the competition goes live because tickets can go fast. You should especially consider this if the prize is a popular item like a new car.
Once you choose the number of tickets, enter the relevant details on the payment page, including your name, email address and phone number. Once you do this, enter your payment details and pay for the tickets.
5) Wait for the Live Stream Draw
Once you pay for competition tickets, you can wait for the prize draw. However, instead of waiting, enter more competitions while you wait.
It will be a live stream draw where every entrant discovers if they won or lost the competition. You will get an email or text reminder about the live stream.
If you miss the live stream, you will get an email explaining the result of the competition.
6) Receive your Prize
If you win, the competition provider will contact you 24 hours after the draw to explain how you will receive the prize.
If the prize is a smaller product, a cash prize or a holiday package, we will arrange delivery to the address you provide.
Some products, like a car, may require collection, but delivery for most is common.
We can also offer cash alternatives to prizes, but this is at our discretion; it is not common practice.
7) Try your Luck Again
Don’t worry if you don’t win the prize draw.
Our competitions and competitions from every provider are extremely contested, so you won’t win every time. Our number one tip is don’t get too deflated if you miss out on a prize you wanted. We have many live competitions, so there is an excellent chance that another prize will catch your eye.
If you lose a competition, enter more on that day (in your spare time). The odds of winning increase if you enter more competitions.
Use our Tips to Enter our Competition and Have a Chance to Win
Now you know how to enter online competitions, look at our live competitions to get a good start.
Remember that even if you don’t win the first competition, your chance of winning will increase if you make consistent entries.
FAQs about Entering competitions Online
What do I Need to Enter a Competition Online?
All you need to enter a competition online is enough money to pay for competition tickets. These are usually cheap and have a maximum limit.
You may also need to enter basic contact details for a competition so the site can contact you if you win.
Is it Free to Enter a Competition Online?
Whether a competition is free or not depends on the competition site. Some competitions will be free and only require you to answer a question, while others require payment for entry.
To enter a competition on Competition Fox, you must buy entry tickets.